Old 05-03-24, 01:34 PM
70sSanO

Bikes: 1986 Cannondale SR400 (Flat bar commuter), 1988 Cannondale Criterium XTR, 1992 Serotta T-Max, 1995 Trek 970

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1956 Post(s)
Liked 2,201 Times in 1,339 Posts
Originally Posted by bboy314
According to the specs, this bike has an Acros Block Lock headset, which has the steering limiter built into the headset itself. Trek has a similar system called Knock Block. The Acros can probably be centered by removing, aligning and reinstalling the headset upper from the frame. It also does look from your picture like the steering MIGHT be further restricted by cables/brake lines/control wire, so make sure none of those are being pulled too taught by the handlebar turning.
This is great info!

From what I have read you should get 135* of rotation. Acros also offers 164* of rotation. I can’t find a 100* option.

I would guess you have the 135* version. If you are not getting 135* of rotation then the cables/wires/housing might be restricting the rotation and the manufacturer should fix it.

Depending on the response, you may have to get the fix done at your cost. You might be able to go to the 164* if you have the clearance.

Either way, it should be centered. Tab rotation can occur in a crash depending on the severity of the crash.

John