View Single Post
Old 04-25-06, 11:10 AM
samsation7
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I wear webcor kit and yes, you can buy the kit online or through a retailer who sales the jerseys from her home, based in Redwood City. I ride around the Stanford campus and Palo Alto a lot. Webcor everywhere I go and I think 8 out of the 10 webcor jerseys I see averaged around 19 mph, so they're definitely not pros. I average 25 mph, so I try to act professionally. However, I've never passed anyone on the right...that's just stupid and unsafe. Don't make generalization based on jerseys...since most people like to look their best, regardless of riding ability.

Originally Posted by twocoasttb
Most of the cyclists I encounter on the road are friendly, courteous, and responsible. Some of them are even Webcor riders. Unfortunately, they seem to be the exception. My most recent irritation? I was doing 20 mph on Foot Hill the other day when I heard a rider approaching from the rear. I drifted right just a bit to give him more room to pass and he still passed me on the right, and didn't say a word. "On your right?", perhaps? There wasn't any traffic and he had plenty of room to pass on the left *before* I moved to the right.

Another time, I was climbing Old La Honda and was well over to the right. A Webcor guy passed on my left so close I could have adjusted the trim on his front derailleur without straightening my elbow. I never heard him coming, so I said "Hey, thanks for the warning" and got sneering attitude in return.

Many of my riding friends report similar behavior and a harbor a general dislike for Webcor riders. Yeah, lots of them are stronger and faster than we are, but lots of them aren't. It seems when they buy their jerseys they get a free side of attitude, regardless of their ability. I'd much rather wear a T-Moble uniform and look like a poseur than ever put on a Webcor jersey and look like a dick.