View Single Post
Old 05-04-06, 12:01 PM
Anders K
To infinity and beyond

Bikes: Cannondale M600, Crescent 92318, Bianchi Lo Spillone (tandem)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New commuter

Here is a pic of my new commuter.

This is a Crescent from 1980/81 in size 59 cm (23") measured from center of bottom bracket to top/end of seat tube, not top tube. Crescent is a Swedish brand that stars like "Svängis" Johansson, Åke Seyffarth och Ingvar Ericsson have used with success. I believe my bike to be a model 92318.

The frame is made of Reynolds 531 butted tubing and the front fork by Tange tubing.

The equipment is Shimano 600 EX Arabesque. The prettiest group ever made by Shimano. The chainset is not Shimano but a SR Custom and the bottom bracket is a Sakae SR-SC 35xP1. The wheels have Ambrosio Evolution rims and Schwalbe Marathon tires. I´ve built the wheels my self.

The bike is a roadbike but handling with packed front panniers is great. It is stable and smooth. Much better handling than without front panniers.

The frontrack is a Rivendell/Nitto Campee and the panniers are the Carradice Super C Universal made by heavy duty cotton duck.

I love riding this bike and also to ride it with my BOB YAK mounted. Only drawback is the gearing...would like to have a couple of granny gears
Chainwheels in front: 42 t and 52 t.
Cassette is 6-speed: 13, 14, 15, 17, 19, 22
Riding steep uphills in 42-22 combination is to heavy. Specially with a loaded BOB YAK attached. Puh

Last edited by Anders K; 05-09-06 at 01:49 PM.