Old 05-21-06, 08:35 AM
stronglight
Old Skeptic

Bikes: 19 road bikes & 1 Track bike

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Opens up a whole new arena for litigation (especially if you live in California).

"No officer, I did NOT lose control of my car; obviously the steel just wore out and the car flexed. Good heavens man, don't you know this commonly happens to even bicycle frames? Well, just think of the stresses which my 200 bhp engine had put upon the fragile steel chassis of THIS vehicle!"

Well, in any case, I think I shall do just like the famous Third Little Pig. I'll now begin to make my bikes with bricks. Bricks do not flex... Hmmm, but, they do wear down. ~ Ah, yes, better still: Concrete. Yes, the Romans invented and built with concrete over 2000 years ago... (apparently, after abandoning their experiments with steel).

[Actually, a friend had re-painted his commuter bike with a textured aerosol-can product called FleckstoneŽ. It basically looks like concrete or granite. Very durable finish, does not easily scratch, stain or even show dirty finger marks... but, still that problem of the underlying steel frame wearing out.]