Old 05-29-06, 10:50 AM
El Diablo Rojo
Banned.

Bikes: Ridley Noah-Scott Addict-Orbea Ordu

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Walt why do you doubt Basso? Let's look at the the last three seasons and compare Simoni to Basso.

2003 Basso wins the white Jersey TdF

2004 Basso comes in third at TdF wins stage over Armstong
Simoni get dropped by his teammate at Giro complains endlessly because whe was not allowed
to win.

2005 Basso leads Giro until he succumbs to stomach virus, still goes on to win a mountain stage and a tt finishes second at TdF

Simoni loses to Savoldelli as he bonks on final climb to finish on penultimate stage.

Simoni has tested positive at least twice for a banned substance, Basso never. Accusations are one thing facts and proof are another.

In post you say that 'others' believe Basso is doping but only Simoni had the 'guts' to say it publicly. Then in another you say that we BF readers are so easily swayed by what we read. You seem to have some divine insight to what is true and what is not, how lucky for you. Until Basso tests positive he is considered a 'clean' rider, so if you don't like others speculating on what and what not is true please do so yourself.

What's obvious here is that Basso's career is on the asendency and Simoni's is on the decline. Also Simoni is a poor loser.

Did Basso dope? We don't know for sure (I'm one of the 'they all dope' crowd and I don't care) but I have doubts that Simoni is pure as the driven snow (pun intended) so for him to come out and call Basso a doper is beyond just sour grapes. If Basso made a deal and broke it then fine Simoni can be pissed and call Basso a liar but don't go beyond that, especially when you are most likely doing the same thing.