View Single Post
Old 06-03-06, 06:46 PM
chicbicyclist

Bikes: Batavus Old Dutch

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again. There is absolutely nothing wrong with running a red light as long as you can do it without interfering with traffic or pedestrians in any way. It's safer to be up and moving down the road when the cars start their drag race from the light . In Holland, at stop lights, there are two sets of lights, one for cars and one for cyclists. After a red light, the bikes get a green light BEFORE the cars, because its been proven to be safer. Just because I violate an arbitrary law does not make it unsafe and just because you obey the same arbitrary law does not make it safe.
The thing is, they do it at the expense of cars and pedestrians since this happens alot on a very major thouroughfare here(University Avenue for those that might be familiar with the area). I don't really mind if they do it on sidestreets, not in my case however.

I forgot the Spandexcladweekendwarriorracingtype, too. They do it with as much frequency as the hispters on thier road bike.

Last edited by chicbicyclist; 06-03-06 at 06:57 PM.