Old 06-15-06, 09:58 AM
pigmode
works for truffles

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cyclintom
I have a '96 Basso Loto made from EL slightly oversized tubing and it rides perfectly. In my size (62 cm) it has no faults. It is so smooth and clean that the only steel bike that rides as well is my '82 Colnago Super with the carbon fork.
I've always wanted an EL-OS frame. The Tomassini Techno (EL-OS) was one of the bikes I was looking at back then. I ended up with a Ritchey Road Logic instead, one of the sweetest riding steel frames I've ever owned, but I didn't quite take to its handling. FWIW, I've been riding a new custom steel frame/fork lately, built with a conservative tubeset (.8-.5-.8 main tubes). Even with the steel fork it is noticably smoother than my Colnago Master Light/w carbon fork. They say that a carbon fork should mute road buzz better than a steel fork, but not in this case (shrugs). Both bikes have the same rims and tires although the Colnago has 32 spokes and the new bike has 36. My guess is that the quill stem on the new bike provides a certain level of shock absorbtion.