Old 11-29-00, 10:00 AM
RainmanP
Mr. Cellophane

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Commute Length

My commute is 20 miles rt, 9 miles in, 11 miles home. Luckily, I am able to work an early schedule so my ride to work is on main arteries starting at 5 AM - very little traffic. Going home I have found scenic parallel streets and go a couple of miles out of the way to ride on a bike path by the lake to avoid other traffic. There is still on particular intersection that is both unavoidable and extremely dangerous. I walk or (shame, shame) ride on the sidewalk a couple for a couple of blocks to get through it; there is no realistic "around" option right now. As my conditioning, confidence and speed build, I may brave the traffic or try an alternate route that will probably add about 4 miles. Since most of those extra miles will be through the park and more miles by the lake, it may be a great tradeoff. Hmmm. Sounds so good I might try it tomorrow.
Today, Wednesday, is my driving day. Since I have only been at this a couple of months, I still feel like I am in a conditioning phase and think it prudent to ride 2, drive 1, ride 2. But I sure hate not riding so that may change real soon.
Regards,
Raymond