RonH
Life is good

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey Helix Pro

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Did something new ..... and it was fun.

Rather than ride in the Wilson 100 yesterday, I volunteered to work at one of the rest stops.
I missed not riding with everyone but it was fun talking with each rider that stopped and seeing the bikes. And it was nice to hear all of the "thanks for doing this" from most of the riders.

The youngest rider looked like he was about 15 years old. The oldest was about 65.
I saw old bikes, touring bikes, a hybrid , a few cyclocross bikes, recumbents, a few tandems, and lots of new and new-looking road bikes.
Riders were wearing everything from expensive team shorts and jerseys to T-shirts and mountain bike shorts.

Most riders headed for the Powerade and Fig Newtons (after they hit the porta-potty). We ran out of Fig Newtons before bananas.
And sadly we had lots of Moon-Pies left. In the south that's almost criminal

Anyone else ever worked a rest stop, driven a sag vehicle, or helped organize/promote an event?

I am a cyclist. I am not the fastest or the fittest. But I will get to where I'm going with a smile on my face.