View Single Post
Old 10-15-06, 10:30 PM
Clevor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I just bought a C50 from them. While the frame was maybe $1550-1160 less than getting it in the US, it's pretty much the standard price in Europe (around $2900). But since they are in England it's easy dealing with them since they speak English.

It took around 4-5 days for the charge to post to my credit card, but I didn't care, as the exchange rate on the dollar improved and I saved $95!

They answered every e-mail I sent them. It took around 1.5 weeks to get the frame from them sent to Japan by Japanese courier, as far as I can tell. I paid $95 (4%) customs tax but Japan is pretty strict on this. The shipping box was in way better condition than if it went US Mail. Only thing is the shipping charge was a stiff $250!

But anybody's crazy to get a Colnago in the US. So I paid around $3250 for the frame, but that included shipping to my door and everything was legal beagle. I tried to get the frame from my LBS in the US and the price was $4400! Add 4.25% sales tax or freight to Japan and it gets expensive in a hurry.

The only problem is warrantee, since if there is a problem you have to ship the frame back to England. But the money I saved I could buy a Record groupset so I have no regrets.