Old 12-03-06, 02:27 AM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SaiKaiTai
I was shooting for my first 20 mile ride today and I was told that I must uphold the tradition and stop about halfway and have some pie. Pie comes up a lot here. What is that all about, anyway?
But, ever the good lad, here it is:
Irma's has been voted the Virtual Clubhouse of the Forum- Thanks to the range and quality of Pies that she manages to bake. There are a few people around that do not seem to be bothered about pie- but They do eventually learn. "Apparantly"- Blueberry is the one to have but I have never had one so cannot comment.
Then there are the other Forms of sustinence that can be had- that are far more enjoyable than the Power bars- cereal bars- and squashed sandwiches that most of us used to put up with on rides. Over here in the UK- we have problems trying to find pie at most cafes- unless it is around Lunch time- so Gateaux- Cheesecake- Ice cream and probably the best of all- A Good traditional English Breakfast- are all good Substitutes. In fact- We rate our rides now on the Quality of the breakfast and go out of our way to Try out and rate the Breakfast on the rides. Problem is that the best one we know is only 5 miles or so from my house so we either cut the rides very short- or find a route that does the milage before we get there but then we are in trouble. They do a Breakfast and they do a "Big Boy". Never had the courage to have a Big Boy yet, but with winter set in- We might need it for the Hard ride home along a MUP that is slightly downhill but with the rain and wind and cold to slow us down on the way home. (Or would that be the Big Boy)

Just like getting out on your ride and enjoying it- Pie has become a necessity on this forum. If not for your own enjoyment- Just so that you can post a pic on the forum so the rest of us can drool over it.

Well done on the ride- And only 40 to go for your target for the year? Well done.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
breakfast.JPG (23.4 KB, 17 views)
RRSnack.jpg (34.1 KB, 14 views)
pie.JPG (21.1 KB, 15 views)

Spike Milligan

Last edited by stapfam; 12-03-06 at 02:37 AM.