View Single Post
Old 03-17-07, 04:21 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
I have a friend that has a Daughter aged 14 that has mobility problems. Her father has just informed me that she is ready to go for a ride with me. She has got a Pashley Trike and fitted a seat to it- just like the Kiddies Car Seats, and Dad can no longer walk with her when she is on the trike. He now has to jog. So I am looking forward to my first ride with her in the Summer.

Alyce contracted Meningitis when she was 2 and I have watched her and the family grow up with the Mental and physical problems. She is now a young adult with a very strong mind of her own and I know it has been a wish of hers to ride with me ever since She came along in the Sag wagon when I did my 3rd ride on the South Downs way with one other rider. She got the sponsorship for that ride- with assistance from her dad, and she has always said that she wants to get up on the hills and ride with me. Only problem is that I do not fancy pushing a heavyweight up the hills so it might be a Local MUP ride for the first couple of trips out.

Hope I can get the riding in- and can only hope that there is not too much walking. I know it will be an enjoyable experience for me, and I just hope I can get Dad out on a bike aswell. Then he can do some of the pushing.

Spike Milligan