I need more cowbell.

Bikes: 2015 Specialized Sirrus Elite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Baroque
Congrats and many happy trails!
I narrowed my bike search to the 2 shops that provided the most personal service. Once you've experienced good service, it's hard to even consider buying a bike where you're treated like an unwelcome interruption instead of a customer. How these unfriendly shops stay in business at all is a wonder~!

Ally
Funny thing is, when I first starting just thinking about biking again, I walked into the then tiny Adams Avenue Cycles, and no one -- not a soul, would even acknowledge my presence, let alone answer questions. I finally walked out and vowed never to return.

I bought my first bike at a Trek dealer some distance from my house because the salesperson was so willing to spend time with me. Went back a couple of times and finally pulled the trigger.

After that, I found myself stopping in the Adams Avenue Cycles shop for one reason or another, and my experience was night and day different from the first time. Went on to have them do a lot of wrenching for me, converting one bike to a single speed, trying to help me get The Diego to fit, etc. Everyone in the shop has been very helpful, friendly, knowledgeable, and so on. And the manager at the Trek dealer also still remembers me and teases me about fitting me for a Pilot 5.0 every time I stop back there for whatever reason -- and it's been over two years now.

So I guess I'm saying that even the best shops can have an off day. I'm convinced that's what happened to me at Adams.

Proud member of the original Club Tombay