View Single Post
Old 06-24-07, 07:03 PM
rruff

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by nitropowered
For 28h, I like to do 3x on the driveside and 2x on the non-drive. It evens out the tension and I think builds a stiffer, stronger wheel.
That will work, but it won't "even the tension" (makes it slightly worse), and it *will* make the wheel a tiny bit stiffer laterally... but then radial heads in will make it the stiffest of all... and make the tension more uneven. Basically this is simple math, and you will either get more even tension or less lateral stiffness, and not both... unless you go with triplet lacing.

An offset rim is a good idea if you are using a shallow rim, but it really doesn't make a big difference. The deeper rims will take higher tension and end up being a stronger wheel... as well as more aero. BTW, a CXP33 isn't very aero at only 23mm deep. The Nio30 is 31mm deep and is a good light rim.

Lacing patterns are not something you really need to worry about... anything sort of normal will work fine.

Any 8,9, or 10spd hub will take a 10spd cassette. I would suggest White Industries hubs because they are nice, light, and have a Ti cassette body that is much more durable than the aluminum ones that most other light hubs have (including DT). A hub like DA with deeper splines is ok though.

I think these wheels would be good for somebody your size if you are interested in a good mix of high performance (aero and low weight) and reasonable cost.
http://www.bikeforums.net/showpost.p...4&postcount=22