hill hater

Location: norton ohio 5.5 miles from center road tow path trail head

Bikes: cannondale t400 1987 model and a raleigh gran prix from 1973

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Helmet Head
I think this passage (slightly edited) from another thread succinctly describes the essence of cyclist rights and practical safety reasons to take the lane, when it is appropriate to do so.

What do you think?

Partially right. Heres why i take the lane at various points on various roads. When coming to a intersection/stoplight esp when turning left or going strait with a right turn strait and left turn lane. Simply put i do not want to be stuck trying to cross multiple lanes of traffic for my turn. Coming up on narrow bridges etc. Buddy of mine nearly fell off the jhonson road over pass going over 21. No car involved his chain decided to snap and he lost control. His bike ended up in the median on 21 while he hung on to the railing.

Now Why i take the lane in areas where passing is not safe etc.
It is not to force a 2 ton car to pass me safely sorry that will not ever happen they ither will or they wont. I take the lane so that i have more room to move over to the right when a driver passes to closely and i know they are going to do so. Instead of having a foot or 2 to work with i have 4 or more feet to work with.