Old 09-07-07, 11:13 PM
Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
The busier I am, the less I eat ... in fact, sometimes I can get so busy I forget to eat. And by "busy" I mean out-and-about busy, not sitting-in-front-of-the-computer busy. Out-and-about busy also means that you're being more active which burns more calories. The simple act of standing burns more calories than sitting, and of course walking burns more than standing.

So ... if your wife wants you to help with the kids, take the kids out for a walk. Go to the local park and play ball with them. Take them swimming. Play tag with them. Teach them how to ride bicycles and ride with them. Show them that an active lifestyle can be fun.

And in general be more active ... take the stairs instead of the elevator. When you shop for groceries, park your car at the furthest end of the parking lot and walk from there. Instead of just sitting and watching TV in the evening, get an exercise bike and ride it while watching your favorite shows, or buy some weights and do a bit of weightlifting. Or on the commercials get up and walk around the house. Commute to work by walking or by bicycle if possible. There are lots of things you can do to increase your fitness level and burn more calories.

BTW - it is very common for a fairly large bit of weight to drop of fairly quickly and then for the weightloss to slow down. That's life. The people who successfully lose weight keep active and keep watching their diet even when they aren't losing the weight very quickly.