Maxximum
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flimflam
Yes

I do think this is important, but it's not why I use a helmet camera. It's an added bonus.

I've thankfully never been assaulted, and harassment is different to different people I think, but this morning I had a garbage truck pull out (reversing, no less) across 3 lanes of traffic in front of me (I was doing a nice 28-30mph at the time, too), no guy at the back directing/helping with traffic - this guy just backed right out, paying no mind. I have it on video, and will be cutting it out and contacting the waste company first, then perhaps the police to ask if there's anything they can do.

I use a helmet camera mainly to chronicle my riding and see if the rides I do look as cool as other stuff I see of bike riding online. I'm also trying to gather thoughts/ideas for a PSA series of sorts, trying to use the thing as a tool to illustrate traffic problems and possible solutions/guidance.
Just curious what sort of set-up you are using? I don't like the situation in Toronto, or any big city. Tough, but that is the way of the road. Cyclists are seen as sub-human, worse than a pedestrian, worse than a jaywalker, and worse than a hit and run motorist by some. Sad.