I need more cowbell.

Bikes: 2015 Specialized Sirrus Elite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SaiKaiTai
Oh gosh, how hasn't it changed my life?
I've gone from sitting on the couch, stuffing my face to getting out for ~100 miles a week of peaceful solitude and harmony. Just me and the bike in the open sea air and all that is around me. I've seen and felt myself become slimmer, fitter, healthier and more energetic. I get really cranky and b*tchy if I don't get my time in the saddle but overall I just feel better about everything and take great pride and comfort in my gains over the past year and a half. I don't know why I ever quit in the first place but I won't repeat that mistake if I have any say in the matter.
+1, except SKT rides further than me, and up more hills. I've dropped almost thirty pounds in a little over two years, I have ridden a little over 5,000 miles (I know that's not much compared with many of you!), and I've found cycling to be the best stress reducer I've ever tried.

OTOH, it has also lightened my wallet and I find myself not only wearing but preaching the benefits of bib shorts.

All that said, cycling has done NOTHING for my mechanical aptitude. Mental attitude up, but mechanical aptitude remains that of a banana slug.

Proud member of the original Club Tombay