Old 11-01-07, 12:03 PM
cyberpep
Forever CLYDE !

Bikes: 2003 Giant Cypress R , 2007 Cannondale T2000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi mijome07, below is a picture of a Jandd front rack on my Cannondale T2000. Even with the front braze-on's I still modified the rack to fit my bike as solid as I wanted it to be. I bent the bottom hangers in to get them to fit metal-on-metal with the bottom mounting holes, I don't like using spacers. I also cut about 1/2" off the bottom hangers to raise the rack so it would clear the fender at the top. In order to get the rack level I again bent the bottom hagers forward till the rack was level. All this may seem a little much but this is a great rack and I wanted it solid and not have any problems out on the road. I am happy with the rack mounting, very easy to get on and off so it was well worth the efford. I really like using the Jandd rack versus low riders although it does weigh more than I thought it would. Since I don't use a handlebar bag I mount a truck bag on the top.
I seen a guy with this front rack with no braze-on's and what he did was made some brackets that fasten between the rack and the front brake mounts. He seemed quite happy with this setup. He told me that he had used clamps but the rack always seemed too loose.
Hope all works out and happy touring.