View Single Post
Old 08-04-04, 04:15 AM
AVCAix

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have never been so disappointed with a company as I have been with Litespeed. I came to Europe this year to teach English but mostly to fulfill my dream of racing in France. Accordingly I bought my dream bike. A 61 cm Litespeed Vortex. Found a head tube crack right before my first race this season. I wont go into details but basically I gave the bike to the local litespeed dealer in Late March and now in August I have still not seen it. At every stage when I learned there was a delay (and I was never informed, I learned of them by harassing from my own end). I just found out that it is up for servicing for August 23rd, so I should see it by mid september. Problem is that I wont live in France anymore then and now I have to arrange to get the shipping address changed. I basically begged them to get me a bike before the end of the racing season to no avail. Everyone was always super nice but basically in the end I have no bike and its always me who calls. Every time they messed something up they made no effort that I could see to speed up the process or to keep me informed of the status of my bike as evidenced by the fact that the two month delay they have originally quoted is turning into five months and will be six by the time I finally get it, if I get it when they are telling me I will. My racing season went great on my shiny Colnago Dream. I won six races and will be doing some UCI ranked stage races at the end of the season with teams like Saunier Duval etc. In a last ditch effort, I called them and tried to explain that I would be happy if I could just get the bike back in time for these dream races. It didnt work, although someone did call me back that time.

Next year I will be fully integrated in the elite team here in France and will have to race on a specialized, as the team is sponosored, although this is somewhat of a dream for me, it looks like apart from the pre season crits I did, I will never really get a chance to race on my litespeed. I did get some great training and low level racing in on it the year before racing in europe but that wasnt why I bought it. I made a huge investment for me personally and I regret it very much. Just my two cents. I am sure plenty of people have a perfectly satisfying experience.