Old 11-12-07, 03:21 PM
Az B
Fattest Thin Man

Bikes: Miyata 610, Vinco V, Rocky Mountain Element

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 1 Post
I've been riding bikes and motorcycles for 30+ years. Back in the day, my friends and I have removed mirrors, broken various glass objects, and gotten into a couple of fist fights. The two funniest were when some drunk moron tried to fight my buddy "wideturn". He's 6'7" and simply put his hand on the top of the guys head while he was futilely swinging away... just like in the Three Stooges. The other was the time some rednecks yelled then tried to run me off the road. I caught them at a redlight and simply went berserk. I mean foaming at mouth screaming things that didn't make any sense kind of berserk. When I picked up my bike and tried to shove it through the open passenger window to smack the passenger with it, that was enough for them. I think I scared the crap out of them.

These days, I ignore them. As I was filtering through traffic the other day, some self righteous nitwit decided I shouldn't be able to pass on the right and should wait in line like all the other idiots and pulled all the way over to the curb as I approached. I simply slowed, hopped the curb, and dropped back in the road in front of him and kept going. The more I think about it, I'm sure that pissed him off more than anything else I could have done. I was free, he was not. Must suck to be him.

I will report commercial vehicles that have phone numbers on the back of them. I mean, how stupid do you have to be to engage in that sort of behaviour with the friggin' phone number of your company on the back of the truck? And this happens more often than you would think. I think it's because our state is ranked 49th in education for the country. More morons per square foot.

I also like the suggestion that when you catch the car, just lightly touch the hood as you pass it. Nothing more. Someone here on BF suggested it, and it seems like that would be very satisfying without being destructive or escalating.

Az