Boss Moniker
It's an old photo

Bikes: Cannondale R500, Specialized Hardrock

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kol.klink
Well i have mentioned this before, Now that areospokes are sold out, and if i see a fixed rider and they are not on DEEP V's its a abnormal, I say Carbon "super" deep v's

And tubular tyres,
Hah, I just bought some tubular carbon deep section wheels from Cypress (if you want to see them, the thread is still in the top five in the For Sale section), so I'm ahead of the game.

I'm not so good with predicting trends.. the only two I've gotten in on were Pokemon in 3rd grade and this, I guess. But I will predict what will be new with me:

1. Superlight track bike. We're talking 14lbs or less. I'm well on my way already, swapping my Deep Vs (I didn't actually buy them, they came with the Capo) for the carbon tubulars. 1040g at the rims is crap. Oh, and I'm getting an EC90 fork..

2. No more beater bikes. Screw it, I'm commuting on my $1800 Capo everyday to school. Although I will probably build up a sub $100 conversion for college.

3. Convertible between road and track bikes. I've already got a pursuit bike that I welded horizontal dropouts with derailleur hangers on, and because my wheel is meant for a cassette/freehub I can switch between 8spd and fixed gear with Surly Fixxer. This will be really nice for...

4. Distance rides. No longer the weekly 35 miler.. we're talking 100+ now. I really enjoyed my metric century over the summer. Good thing I have a trainer and rollers for winter Oh, and to help with the long rides...

5. Aerobars. Clip-on, of course. Comfy as hell.

6. Speedplay pedals, no more mountain type shoes for non-commuting rides. Compromising between shoes I could walk around in and ride clipless with (and look like normal shoes) worked fine, but I think my new SIDI Zetas will get a lot of use.

7. Tubulars.. That is, Tufo with the sealant. Supposedly works pretty well. If I had my choice, I'd probably go with clinchers, but it just happens that better wheels are more available as tubulars. Tufo tape will be nice too, I don't think I want to repeat my gluing catastrophe in November.. I ruined a nice pair of pants.

8. Zipping around town on an all-white pursuit bike with white disc wheel, white jersey, and white tt helmet. It'll be hilarious. White powe-- uh.. white ftw.

9. Racing at the track. Now that I've fallen once while in a corner, I know it's not so bad.. just wish I had a closer velodrome.

10. And finally... staring at my pretty bikes on the sexy bike stand I made out of PVC. That is, until there isn't an inch of ice on the ground outside and I start riding again..

Any of you guys doing the same?