Old 01-03-08, 07:00 AM
DnvrFox
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by BSLeVan
Not any longer. Following Dnvrfox's lead, we put in a home gym this year with a weight machine, treadmill, and trainer with an older road bike on it.
This year I have changed my routine a bit:

I have been doing a lot of swimming, which I really like, and have not done in previous years. We are only 1 mile from our community rec center, and if I time it correctly, I can get there and not have to share a lap lane (which I hate). A couple of 25 yard lengths of the Australian Crawl will let you know whether or not you are in good shape aerobically real fast!

So, yesterday, I walked for two miles, lifted weights for an hour, and swam for 50 minutes.

Today, I am going to ride the trainer to the lovely voice of Coach Troy (the Spinerval video coach), lift some more weights, and the wife wants to go for a walk. I will also likely go to the gym and do a few exercises I want to do in a different way than I do them on my home gym (a lower back thing, the pec machine, the upper back machine, and biceps in a different way). By the way, when I recently got tested by a neurologist - they test your strength - he couldn't believe how strong I was. Also, when I had a cardiologist attempt to look at my heart, he could barely get the portable sonograph to work because of too much muscle mass in my chest. He told me laughingly that I was "too buff." At age 68, I don't mind this a bit, because the typical 68yo has lost about 30% of their muscular strength.

I also sang and played guitar for a nursing home for 45 minutes - and singing is a GREAT exercise for breathing appropriately.

Last edited by DnvrFox; 01-03-08 at 07:09 AM.