Old Cruiser
Loving Yesterday

Bikes: A whole bunch!!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Raleigh Identification

Ok I have done some searching and checking around here, so as not to get hammer for not clicking the cool search button.

But I haven't been able to nail down IDing this year model Raleigh I have.

Yes I'll post pics tonight, but I'm at the office right now, here's the story, I had a gentleman come to the shop and bring in this cool 3spd and didn't want it, so I took it off his hands, it was pretty beat but hey I saw past that.

After spending some time giving this bike some much needed love it looks stunning (yes I'll get you pics), and doing some goole searches and searching here I still couldn't find the right year.

This looks to be a Raleigh Sport either a DL-22 or such, it's what I can tell from Bulgier's pages that it's coffee in color, it's all original except it doesn't have the bag on the rear, prolly lost or discarded, it had the 26 1 1 3/8's tires and a Shimano 3spd internal, the serial number was located on the bottom bracket and reads 6DH0369

Now most of all the ones I have been seeing have the SA rear spd hub, so I'm guessing it's a newer model bike since this is Shimano, it has a larger retangular red relector on the rear fender but the fender is not two tone with a white end on it like the majority I have seen here, and like in this pic:

http://bulgier.net/pics/bike/Catalog...R32_sports.jpg

the chain ring doesn't have the Raleigh symbol cutout, the relector is correct though.

Like I said as near as I can tell from all the larking from disassemble of the bike it is unmolested and all original.

I cleaned this beauty up, put on a new set of gumwalls and tubes, added a euro amber generator light, and my stepson went ape when I brought it home, he has taken possesion of it and loves it, nice to see a younger generation take to such a vintage ride, I guess I rubbed off on him, lol!

Anyways, I'd just like to find out the year model, you need more info please let me know so I can get it to help identify what I have here, and yes I'll get the pics for you tonight.

Thanks everyone for your time =)

Jeff