Old Cruiser
Loving Yesterday

Bikes: A whole bunch!!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pompiere
But some one has stuck a Shimano 3 speed hub and shifter where a Sturmey Archer would normally be. Unless that was part of the Taiwan deal.

That's why I thought it was newer than a 70's model, the tires were original, everything was original, I was the first one to take off the nuts holding the wheels to the frame and fork since it was built.

They're were several thing that indicated it was boughtm ridden some and then just parked in a garage, banged aroud, packed up in a moving truck, and relocated from Califonia, to here in Texas, where is was banged around again in the garage and then sold at a yard sale, and a day later I recused it from the person whom bought it at a yard sale, cleaned, cleaned, and waxed it, and then my stepson begged to be the new pilot.

he worst thing about this poor bike is it was hardly ridden, the damage wasn't from ridding, it was from being moved around in the garage, the inside of the fenders are perfect, none of the nuts, bolt, screws show any wear from being removed or tightend, the seart hieght had moved till I got it to put it in the repair stand, same with the quill stem.

All the grease was clumpy, in the hubs, BB, steerer, 3spd, cleaned it all out checked the bearings, and repacked everything.

Cables where oxidized, removed and replaced, but cleaned and lubed the original casing as not wanting to deter too far from originality.

Brake pads were like new, just really hard, I may just go ahead and replace them.

Jeff