Thread: My First Endo
View Single Post
Old 09-03-04, 08:33 AM
gilby

Bikes: Bianchi Brava (fixed), Nishiki Prestige (fixed), Plum Vainqueur (track), Fuji Boulevard (Single-speed)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My First Endo

Last night, I arranged a ride to the coffeeshop with my friends before we all head back to school next week. Since it was a short ride and a girls-night-out thing, I didn't really want to haul along my bag, so I locked my street cuffs around the handlebars, near the stem (How else do people carry these things? Your comments and suggestions are welcomed.). In the confusion of unlocking all the bikes for the ride home, I failed to LOCK the cuffs to the handlebars. A very stupid move. Halfway home, they slipped off the bars with a loud "clunk" and made themselves comfortable in the spokes. You know the rest.

Upon arriving home and inspecting the bike, I discovered one very bent spoke and an unsightly scuff in the Brooks saddle. And this was going to be the week I didn't spend any money on bike stuff. *sigh* I disinfected the abrasions on my elbow & knee. When I woke up this morning I found another bit of road rash on my hip and a big blue bruise on my thigh. Fortunately, I look worse than I feel....although I do feel pretty stupid.