View Single Post
Old 01-27-08, 07:11 PM
Yen
Surly Girly

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
With shorter days, it's dark or almost dark when I get home from work. Originally I planned to ride at night as often as I could, but after several weeks of that I realized that I really intensely dislike riding alone at night, all the while praying for my safety and checking the computer every 10 minutes to see if I can head home yet. So, I've added a few other activities to balance the routine, including a pilates DVD with small weights, a mini stepper, and the treadmill. Fortunately, at work I have lots of built-in opportunities for exercise with the 10-15 minute walk to my office, then 5 flights of stairs at least 2x/day, then the 10-15 minute walk back to my car after work, and whatever other walking+stairs I can fit in during the day. So, on M-F I can count on at least that much, plus whatever else I do in the evening after work. I plan to resume more cycling after work when the days are longer in spring. I just don't enjoy feeling like a moving target with blinking lights riding at night.