Old_Crow
Corvus caurinus

Bikes: Seven Aerios, Landshark Roadshark, Surly CrossCheck

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Campag4life
Did you go through the whole customer order process? How was fitting performed? Did you extrapolate from your old bike fit and know what you wanted or did you deviate from your previous bike?

Can you post the frame geometry specs?
Love the position and set up. Are you about 5'11" or so? Looks to be about a 170-180mm head tube. Drop would be perfect for me.
Congrats.
Yes, I went through the full process. My LBS is actually a 'studio', one guy who works with individuals by appointment only selling Seven, BMC, Time & Sycip. He was formally a senior fit tech at Seven so has experience for thousands of fits which was one of the big drivers for choosing a Seven. My bike came a week early as I was low-bling with no flashy paint, etc. Order to pick-up was about 5 weeks.

Process was measurements, watching me on my LandShark, talking about what I liked & disliked about the LandShark and what I wanted different in the new ride. Extensive discussions on the end-use and type of riding. These were then reitereated with a short interview with a fitter from Seven.
Seven then designed the frame specs and sent them to the LBS. He set up a demo as closely as possible and we did another fit session with the new position. Seven recommended a slightly higher and more forward postion. I set up my rain bike pre their recs and rode it while waiting on the new one. Seems to work so far.

I'm 5'9" with a 33ish inseam. The effective top tube is 55.8cm, seat tube c-c is 46cm. Head tube is 14.5cm. Probably looks a little stretched due to the wide angle lens. Head tube 73deg, seat 73.5deg. 10deg slope in the top tube. 41.9cm chainstays and only a 3cm saddle-stem drop so it's pretty plush, not racy at all.