Cyclist30907654
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cheeto
Thank you,
I had a great time, except one hill nearly killed me... I felt as if I were about to throw up, I was about to hop off the bike, but I saw the top and kept going. I had the lead the whole time, Even from the start, from the picture you can see I jumped ahead. It was sad though, I was out biked by everyone in my wave except this one college kid, kind of depressing LOL. I was looking at all their full suspension decked out with fox and xtr and crap and was just like, there's no way you're a first timer lol.

next time I'm racing the 15-18 XC class, and I'm determined to get on that podium, as they didnt do anything for first timers, I guess it's ebcause we didn't have to pay to race =(
I do believe that you are supposed to be in front the whole time in order to be competitive. IIRC, Lowcel said something along the lines of that you should max your heart rate within 15 seconds of the start.

Don't worry about the xtr and other shiny things. It's always nice to ride high quality stuff, but it's the fact that you're out there that counts.