View Single Post
Old 10-11-04, 08:10 PM
BMXTRIX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If he wants to strip the chrome from his rims then it he will get all the ramifications whenever I speak. That way others won't go "Ooohhh... I want to paint my rims, I will strip the chrome... Damn, why are my $150.00 wheels no longer braking and totally screwed up? - This sucks! My rims suck!"

No, if you care so little about your bike to screw up good parts and make them bad, then be ready for the consequences and deal with the fact that I (for one) will tell others what a silly idea it is.

There are lots of black rims on the market that are available and they actually use a good paint material (powder coat) or anodize the rims. Of course there is also Odyssey Duralectric rims which provides a black surface that is a strong as chrome and provides solid braking.

But - as I said before - if you are NOT running brakes and don't care about braking or screwing up your rims, then by all means paint away.

Painting over any rims that you have brakes on WILL NOT WORK THOUGH! The brake pads will rip the paint off in a day of riding.