View Single Post
Old 05-09-08, 04:57 PM
sean000

Bikes: Rivendell Atlantis, Kogswell P58, 1988 Pinarello, Rivendell Wilbury (my wife's bike)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My wife and I have three, but they are good ones!

Ten years of apartment living...I just never had much room for bicycles. If it were up to me I'd have a dozen or more... ranging from a unicycle to a tandem. Now we live in a house, so I could start building up my stable if only I could afford it along with the mortgage payments!

Since we used to have more disposable income, but less space, we at least have three really nice bikes.

I still have the Pinarello lugged steel racing bike with Campagnolo parts that I raced in the late 80s.
Five or six years ago I upgraded my commuter/general all-rounder bike from a mountain bike to a Rivendell Atlantis that is still my main bike.
A few years after that my wife got a Rivendell Wilbury. These Rivendells are beautiful bikes, and also really practical and comfortable.

What do I want next? I want another hardtail mountain bike now that I live near trails again. I also want a new lugged steel road bike that is larger and more comfortable than the Pinarello, but lighter and faster than the Atlantis. I'd love a custom Rivendell or a Rambouillet... or any number of other lugged steel sport-touring/club racing bikes. I'd really like an A.N.T. utility bike with a nice wood and steel cargo carrier as well.

Last edited by sean000; 05-09-08 at 05:03 PM.