Old 05-10-08, 08:32 PM
arni0202
Biking == Love

Bikes: it's a really old Trek, my favorite and older trek was stolen last year :( soon my current bike will be ELECTRIC!!! So excited

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My latest ebike struggle has arisen. Most of which are the result of cumbersome battery weight. Biking to work as usual my supposedly trusty bike rack which has a carry limit of 50lbs, bends at its wheel hub connection. Literally bends and one side snaps. PingPing might be getting my business sooner than I thought! 36v 15ah at 11lbs versus my 36v 10.5ah at 22.2lbs of very dense weight of SLAs.
Anybody want to buy 36 volts of SLA? cheap! (not including shipping LOL) a side struggle includes losing air through a spoke nipple.
I doubt the chinese steel wheel on the motor hub was very well taped anyways. hmmm it's always something but I love biking!!! So I'll deal with it. But it's been a long day. Why am I posting this? I don't know(sorry venting I guess), but I think that an ebike is a worth the effort and troubleshooting to enjoy the commute to wherever. For now I'll replace the rack, hope I can save money quick enough to buy lighter batteries and avoid breaking more racks.
Note:the costs $$ add up over time, I've put $1000+ into my electric bike project and not I'll be spending hundreds more for better batteries. Not to mention I'm a full time student who works 1 day a week so I have no money to burn. I'm desperately trying to thwart gas prices!

Why can't anything be easy?