Old 06-25-08, 05:46 AM
Aikidoka

Bikes: One at a time these days

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jaeger
Forgive some of the idiot road weenies here. Any mention of Bikesdirect provokes a Pavlovian outpouring of moronic comments. I figure this one's good for six pages.

But in answer to your question - no, I don't believe any of the bikesdirect brands are better or higher end than the others. The quality and price are determined by the frame material and the components on it, not by brand. Titanium, carbon and steel bikes will be more expensive than the aluminum ones.

But you can pick between a Motobecane Grand Record. Dawes Lightning 2300 or Mercier Corvus based on the components you prefer. One brand doesn't indicate higher quality than another.
Ditto above...

I own a BD Motobecane and love it, I've been riding road bikes longer than many here have been alive.

1) Go to www.roadbikereview.com for reviews on any bike(s) you are interested in: Motobecane, Dawes, Windsor, whatever. Listen to people who own or have experience with a bike/brand.

2) How BD labels bikes to brands is anyones guess. IMO it doesn't matter one bit.

3) As to specific models, I think BD does a good job of keeping solid value between models.

4) Size/fit is #1 priority...MUCHO importante!

good luck,

Last edited by Aikidoka; 06-25-08 at 05:49 AM. Reason: add-on