2Rodies
El Diablo

Bikes: Cannondale CAAD8/Record 10s, Felt DA700 Chorus 10s,

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VintageSteve
I agree, I don't think it was the bike that allowed Alexi to win a sprint against one of the greatest sprinters at the time, Steve Bauer, and the fact that he took off and left his teams best sprinter behind, Davis Phinney, because he knew he was going to win. So a climber won a sprint. It wasn't the bike, it was Alexi. And he won the first medal for the U.S. since my wife's grandfather won in 1912, on a bike with wooden rims.

When I ride my 1984 Dave Moulton, I notice it is different than my 1983 Pinarello. And both of those are different than the Tesch I had-that was totally hyper sensitive to the road. The Moulton rides in a way that integrates with me like none of the others I've had.

I think riders today have nothing like that to compare to.
This thread wasn't about the rider, but the bike. Still, the rider is the most important, and the only constant in any discussion about bikes.
You own a Tesch! I love those bikes. My buddy had a pink one (don't laugh he used spank pro's on that thing) that was just a sweet sweet ride. I always lusted after that bike, I rode it once and I've never decended on a better bike.