Old 11-04-04, 10:32 AM
Berodesign

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Maj.Taylor
Dave, you're right. Craftsmanship (a.k.a. artwork) is a dying concern for buyers when it comes to bikes these days. Marketing (and being like Lance) now prevails--and that usually means supply "enough" bike for as much money as possible, or at market-researched "price points." I would give anything to have one of your chrome-lugged beauties. If it were around today, I'd not even ride it, but hang it on a wall as a true work of art.
I really want a Dave Moulton bike also, preferably one of his English production. And if I had one, then I would ride it and ride it and ride it... not put it up on the wall. I agree they are pieces of art, but also pieces of engineering. And I think that Dave built his bikes to be used... and that is the way atleast I show my love to something, I use it.

I am building a road bike now on a Kotter-frame, and man I am going to cry when I first put it out on the road with all the NOS parts never used before. But I know, after that first ride, I'll never want to stop riding it again, even if it means its ultimate destruction by wear. After all, not using a bike is like not living your life because sooner or later it / we will die.