Roast Beast Sammich

Bikes: Specialized Stumpjumper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Maybe tape your headlight?

I did not see this coming.

Last week I was riding to work about an hour before sunrise along some very quiet rural roads with about 6 more miles to go. One of very few cars turned onto the road with brights a-blazin' so I went to signal a request to off their brights. I've been signaling to cars a few weeks now with very limited results by putting my hand in front of my light and removing it a few times, giving an off/on effect.

This time my hand barely brushed the headlight and the twist-on front (which holds the LEDs, like a flashlight) went flying off and to my right. This is one more reason for me to get a 2nd headlight. I'm using a Planet Bike Beamer 3 and its twist top to the battery compartment has very little twist to it before it comes off. I could not locate the parts and pieces of my headlight so I marked the spot on the side of the road and pedaled the remaining six miles in the dark.

Later I found everything but one battery and the light still works. Now I've got it taped so it doesn't come loose unexpectedly.