Old 09-15-08, 11:47 PM
Sixty Fiver
Bicycle Repair Man !!!

Bikes: See my sig...

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 129 Times in 96 Posts
I have 14 bikes with two of those being "in the works"... of the other twelve, 9 have leather saddles and I have a new old Lycett that will be replacing the Selle Italia saddle on my '73 Raleigh Gran Sport since it is period correct and simply a far nicer saddle.

ONly two are Brooks saddles (a B17 Imperial and a B66) while4 of the others were made by Brooks (Wrights and Lycett), 2 are French made Ideales, one is an AGDA (also French), and one is a complete but utterly comfortable mystery saddle.

I have never found anything to be more comfortable than leather and in this day and age it is good to see that Brooks continues to make a high quality product that has stayed faithful to designs that have stood the test of time for decades.

Not everyone has the same leather fetish I do and I can respect that, but if you have never tried a leather saddle you are in no position to make any criticism and it makes you much like folks who criticize fixed gear bikes without having any first hand experience.

I like the ride leather offers and the fact that a well made and well cared for leather saddle might even outlast my butt.