Psimet2001 
I eat carbide.

Bikes: Lots. Van Dessel and Squid Dealer

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1325 Post(s)
Liked 1,306 Times in 560 Posts
Short Course TT Question

Long background story short....I need to do really well this weekend during the TT that is a part of a series/stage race/omnium that I am doing in order to crak the top 10 by the end .

It's an uber short course - about 9.25 miles by my measurement. It has 2 turnarounds. From what I have plotted out it seem really flat, but visual reports say there is some rolling terrain (keep in mind this is Illinois cornfields so "rolling" is a subjective term).

I have a set of Zipp 404s that were just dropped off that I get to borrow for TTs. I know there is a shop or two in the area that will rent full disks. My team's shop does not have anything. One of the shops that does is basically a mortal enemy of my team's owner....although he would never admit to that.

Last year 24.8mph took 1st in my cat. I have done mid 23 for 50k and 22 for my last 40k in a total downpour with a turnaround and box section rims on similar terrain. I have a TT helmet, bars, shoe covers, etc.

So....is it worth it to try to rent a disk for the rear (don't really care baout the $$ as long as it's reasonable so don't use that as a factor) for such a short TT over the 404 that I will already be able to use?

Yes, I suck and it doesn't matter what I use, but humor me...it's this or do the work I have been neglecting...