Old 12-11-08, 11:07 AM
threeflys
Eternal NooB

Bikes: Calfee Tetra Pro, Lemond BA, Spec Roubaix, Riv Homer Hilson, Cielo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I love all the Bleriot/650b haters on here (and elsewhere)....

It's like someone who really says they hate sushi, but have never tried it....

I have a Bleriot and while I had mine built up by Riv, I had no problem going on the net and finding any parts I needed to build my own. The Bleriot is not the only bike to use long reach brakes and Riv is not the only company to make a 650b bike (Kogswell?) As far as wheels and tires... How often do you really need a new set of wheels? I can get any category of tire I want (fast rolling or 40mm dirt tire) for my 650b. You can use 26" tubes that you can get anywhere... How often have you had to buy a new tire while touring (cross country excepted)? If you carry one kevlar beaded tire in your stuff, I'm guessing you'd be good. Would a 700cc bike do just as well as my Bleriot? I'm sure it would, but then again I'm not one to run with the lemmings and buy something just because everyone else is...

Long live Rivendell!

BTW- If you don't want to buy a currant Riv....why do you care that Grant Peterson has weird ideas? Obviously, there are other bikes that fit your needs....I just don't understand why people love to rail against a guy that does his own thing. Afterall, he's the one taking the chance of alienating people and going out of business...

Last edited by threeflys; 12-11-08 at 11:10 AM.