Old 12-13-08, 09:14 PM
halfspeed

Bikes: are better than yours.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Lazyrider
Well, I don't know if I referred to Isaac in particular because this was a frame I have been coveting for past year. Yes, at $2800 retail I thought it was overpriced but at 30% off, I could accept it and I pulled the trigger. Look, I am not saying and never said Cervelo, Pinarello etc don't make great bikes.

In fact, I almost pulled trigger on the Cervelo RS when it was on sale but it was too common looking for my tastes. Do I think this Isaac is going to be "better" than my Mongoose or a Pedal Force? Different, but not better as the latter is often subjective given the less expensive frame is not "cheap" but rather only costs less but has good quality. That is my point about carbon fiber. I think you can have a less expensive frame but of good quality. My Kinesis made Mongoose proves that to me.

This Isaac appeals to me aesthetically and happens to get awsome reviews in magazines which I do respect in their case as they aren't big advertisers in the magazines and feel reveiwers can be more objective. I like basic colors and tasteful graphics and that coupled with Isaac's reputation for making solid bikes made the sale price more easily digested. But it is still overpriced.

I am gonna probably build it up with 2009 Rival that I will buy at the LBS, swap wheels from an older bike and pick up some Ritchey Wet handlebars and stem. Hopefully I am looking at a total build price of under $3200.
That's a lot of verbiage to say "Yup, it was me." And yes, you mentioned Isaac specifically. I honestly hope you enjoy your overpriced imminently exploding frame as long as it lasts.