View Single Post
Old 12-24-04, 03:43 AM
Rowan

Mentioned: 125 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1454 Post(s)
Liked 85 Times in 40 Posts
Originally Posted by Expatriate
Aussie legal thriller? The Castle. Wildlife doco, Crocodile Dundee. Driving instruction movie, Mad Max. Oh, I just checked local prices on SRAM. RIPOFF! I could have their top of the line goldplated, and still sell it for less than the local LBS. $169?! They're US$37! You guys are getting robbed, and I want my cut. I'll settle for a much smaller cut, of course, in the interest of fairness.
You go SRAM "agent" and I am a disciple (whatever that means..... which is a disclaimer in case you want me to do things that are sexually or financially inappropriate).

Actually, what you should do is find a forum like Recreational Cycling and post "SRAM's New Product". That way we can keep posting to it, bump it, and everyone will know what a good deal you've got going. Works for Electra's Townie! Just ask alanbikehouston and randya. I dunno how many bikes they've sold because of the free adverts. But you might get some *****head (like me) posting how it's inappropriate to have such blantant free promotion outside the proper forum. And Joe will ignore it for like... a year or more! Difference is... SRAM actually makes a good product.

Merry Christmas Townie owners!