View Single Post
Old 12-18-08, 02:20 PM
Hirohsima

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cyccommute
Car lamps may have cutoffs to focus the light on the ground but those are hardly perfect. Why do you think that there is glare from any automobile headlight coming at you?
The lights on my MDX is a mix of projectors and multi-reflector fogs. Both have HID's in them. I can see a sharp cuttoff on my lights 200+ yards away. I drive down the freeway and can see a horizontal beam pattern reflected on the sound barriers to the right of the car.

As for the round reflector, don't assume that I have my lights aimed flat and level. My lights are targeted to shine on the road approximately 10 meters ahead. I want to bulk of my light hitting the ground to illuminate the road and not spraying off into the dark.
I was not making that assumption as you posted a beamshot of your setup. I can see the trees 30 feet above you, lit up. My car lights would have area pitch black.

I do not, nor have I ever, flashed my helmet light across someone's face gratuitously. But I only do that as a last resort.
Noted. I was just saying its illegal for motor vehicles to have them because it can impare others, possibly causing an accident that may not involve you, but still may harm others. I agree with you,... I would rather them hit another car than me, so on that point I think I understand/agree with your position.

Everyone here boasts of how bright their lights are. Hickeydog did it, 10 Wheels did it, mrbubbles did it...
I think Yogi Berra said, "It ain't bragging if you can do it." While this may be true, it makes it no less annoying.

mrbubbles (and others) have even implied that since I run halogen (Oh, the Horrors! An old technology! Shield the Children!), I should basically sit down, shut up and keep my opinions to myself.
I by no means think you should keep your mouth shut. Quite the opposite, you tend to give great information, detailed and helpful responses, and are a true help to others on this sub-forum. I was merely commenting on the nature and tone of some of your posts. For the most part, you replies back are thoughtful and intelegent which is more than I can say for most internet forums I frequent.