View Single Post
Old 01-05-09, 08:54 PM
rc32
Resident skeptic

Bikes: BD Bottecchia with SRAM Force, Pedal Force ZX3 with SRAM Force/Red, 1994 Cannondale Track Bike with original Suntour Superbe Pro, TT rig on the way

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mihlbach
Speak for yourself. I'm on my third warrantee ZX3 frame. There were problems with the seattube in all three resulting in poor fit with the (pedalforce) seatpost and eventual cracking of the frame in two of those cases. One of the frames was so bad (seat tube - seatpost fit was so poor) I returned it without even assembling it.
Mine has been sitting here unbuilt since I bought it in the group buy. I just hadn't had the time to get it built, plus I already had one of the ADK frames from the BD group buy that I was already using(both are ADKs , both have the exact same geometry ). I'm in the process of getting mine painted and stories like yours are always in the back of my mind, especially since I notice how roughly finished the seat tube clamp area is finished. Oh well, warranty's up on it anyway so that's why I even went as far as painting it. My experience with PF was OK throughout the ordering process but I did run into several issues regarding delivery and incorrectly shipped components that I won't go into here. Suffice it to say, it took a lot longer to get resolved than it should have. However, most folks here have had a much better experience with them. Even so, these new frames, especially the Integrated seatmast one, look sweet (and I HATE integrated seatmasts).