Buh'wah?!

Bikes: 2014 Giant Trance

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
This is gonna be fun!

So... got home from work today...
And was incredibly excited to find out that not only had my order from Universal Cycles come in...
My order from Total Cycling in Ireland had as well (because they had the best prices on two items).
So, yeah... My night is going to consist of building wheels, mostly, and also ogling all my new goodies.
TC had the best prices on Phil Wood hubs, and if you can wait the shipping process out... I'd say it's worth it. I see what they mean about Phil's not spinning too well before the bearings break in. Oh well... It's worth it. Especially considering how long I've wanted Phil's. They'll be laced to Mavic Open Pro's (black), with DT Competition spokes and nipples. Velox rim tape, and Wheelsmith spoke prep. And will have Michelin Pro 3 Race tires mounted on them. Cool thing about UC, they sent me an extra spoke for each length, which I thought was pretty nice of them, unless someone just mis-counted. It'll have a 45cm Nitto B-115 handlebar, Shimano PD-6610 pedals, Blackburn Chicane cages, Cinelli white cork tape (since I couldn't find Planet Bike cork tape and didn't want to make a seperate order for it), A full Suntour GPX group (Thanks again RobbieTunes - White hoods cleaned up GREAT with WD-40) with Sprint 9000 Power Ratchet shifters, likely an IRD freewheel, and... I think that's it. Saddle is still an unknown, but I've got one in the mean time. I'd love to do the Frame Saver tonight, but... It's gonna be 9 degrees tonight and I'll just wait till the weekend, even though I'll be dying to mount up all the parts.
*Deep sigh* I'm gonna have some fun. I mounted the handlebar and then sat the frame on the floor and got in the position and just imagined... Sorry guys, I've been waiting for a while for this to come together.
Here's some pics, it was quite an order. BTW, it's for the DX-6000, just in case you didn't know.
-Gene-