Old 01-26-09, 08:46 PM
jdms mvp

Bikes: nagasawa, fuji track pro

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stryper
I would most definitely call twisting a strong lacing pattern. Any spoke with weight on it is equally splitting that pressure with the spoke next to it. This means the pressure is always more evenly distributed along the whole wheel, which will make the wheel less likely to become untrue.

Ted Shred rides with twisted spokes front and back, and has been doing so for years, and last time I talked to him about his wheels he just got a new set and was saying his last set hadn't been trued in over 8 months, that's not bad. I would say he is about 190lb and pretty tough on his wheels. He holds the world record for highest bunny hop on a fixed gear, of I think it was 55cm. Now I am not sure what wheel set he did that on, but I know he went to Japan a little over a month ago for another competition and he was using his twisted spoke wheels (deep V wood grain variation on paul hubs, not sure what spokes were other than white) so he must be confident in them.
world record lol. i would think TML or sam miller could bunny hop higher... in the grand scheme of fixed gears 21 inches isn't THAT high.