Old 02-24-09, 12:22 PM
Kojak

Bikes: 2002 Litespeed Vortex - 2007 Trek Madone 5.9 - 2004 Redline Conquest Pro - Specialized S-Works Festina Team Model - 93 Cannondale M 800 Beast of the East

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
gb from Schwalbe here again-

Did I bump an old thread? Well, I guess the answer is yes. I used the aforementioned "search" function and was looking for inquiries or comments that related to Schwalbe Tires. No surprise, I found a few. Some I merely read, some seemed worth a reply. Nothing sinister was intended. Yes, my job is to sell bicycle tires (among other duties). I'm not on commission, nor do I get a year end bonus based on the volume of tires we sell. I'm not here to badmouth other brands of tires, there are many fine tires on the market.

I'm relatively new here (started in December) and was partly using this as a tool to expand my understanding of the bicycle tire marketplace. I am an avid cyclist, I commute to work everyday by bike, yet to the core I am a roadie, and I don't pretend to understand the issues that other cyclists consider when buying tires.

So if the consensus is, you'd rather I just read and not comment, I'm happy to butt out. I'm also very happy to continue to provide information where I can. I'll never post without identifying who I am. If one is a skeptic or cynic, feel free to ignore anything I have to say.

And to specifically answer Noteon's question within the thread, the "Plus" will be more puncture resistant to more kinds of debris. It is heavier, and the compound not as sticky as the "Supreme" tires. That's about as concise as I can put it.

Thanks,

gb

Last edited by Kojak; 02-24-09 at 12:28 PM.