View Single Post
Old 03-11-09, 11:01 AM
nesdog

Bikes: Domane SLR7 Disc

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked 68 Times in 39 Posts
I went back and forth between the 19's and 30's, especially as I live in an area with lots of climbing.
I'm not a racer but just a recreational rider and under 100 miles per week most of the time.
Both wheelsets have received positive reviews and feedback. I also spoke with Keith Williams.

I went with the 30's for several reasons; I wanted to have more of an 'all-around" wheelset that would be brainless for me and might be slightly more durable, 2) although the 30's are really more marginal aero than not (as opposed to 38's and larger, which are truly aero), the feeling is that aero trumps weight a significant portion of the time for the way I ride. And keep in mind that the difference in weight between the 19's and 30's is not real huge.

Even though I ride in the hills, the percentage of time of climbs vs flats is still low. It just seems longer because it takes me longer to get up there!

But it's probably mostly a wash in the long run and I'm sure I'd be just as happy with the 19's. Again, taking into account my own riding style and use.

I ordered them on Monday and will receive them today. Keep in mind I live in Socal and William's is just Nocal. And I'm hoping the hubs are pretty quiet 'cause I really like a silent ride!