View Single Post
Old 04-12-09, 12:40 PM
Oldpeddaller

Bikes: 1970 Holdsworth Mistral, Vitus 979, Colnago Primavera, Corratec Hydracarbon, Massi MegaTeam, 1935 Claud Butler Super Velo, Carrera Virtuoso, Viner, 1953 Claud Butler Silver Jubilee, 1954 Holdsworth Typhoon, 1966 Claud Butler Olympic Road, 1982 Claud

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Does a "work in progress" count as a bike? If so, here's mine pictured as received, my £12.51 e-bay purchased 1966 Claud Butler "Olympic Road" frame. Started work on the restoration today. Removed the seized BB and surfaced rusted headset. Will strip to bare metal, rustproof, re-enamel in red and white as per original and replace with authentic water slide transfers from H. Lloyd cycles of Penrith in Cumbria UK. In the third photo are two more of my current Claud Butler projects - a 1935 model Super Velo (green and white) that only needs cables and mudguards now to complete - might finish her in a moment, and a blue 1953 Silver Jubilee model owned from new by the same chap who had her built as a fixie back in '53. Not red and white I know, but I'd say definitely C&V.

Plans for the red & white Olympic build - stainless mudguards, Mavic clincher/Campagnolo Record High flange wheels, Ofmega Vantage chainset, Mafac Racer brakes with arero levers, SR Sakae bars & stem, black rolls saddle, either Campagnolo Nuovo Record or Shimano Sora/ 600 gears (depends which will handle my 34T rear sprocket!), DT friction shifters, tubular rack & panniers. Got it all except for the downtube decals, aero levers and bar tape so should be a lot quicker to finish than the green one!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
CB Olympic 1.jpg (30.1 KB, 58 views)
CB Olympic 2.jpg (19.8 KB, 45 views)
17-02-09_1305.jpg (58.2 KB, 48 views)