View Single Post
Old 04-21-09, 05:16 PM
bikesdirect_com

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by HandsomeRyan
Since I shoved a 7 speed IGH wheel into the ass end of my Messenger rendering it no longer fixed or even SS I'm soon to be in the market for a replacement fixed gear. I was leaning heavily toward the Uno so I could run larger tires but this looks like it could also be a winner.

My opinions basedd on what I'm seeing:

Are those rack mounting screws I see in the middle of the fork blades?! If they are, that feature = epic win!

I agree with those who have said cantis > calipers but as long as the clearance is there for tires/fenders I can overlook it.

High flange hubs are really nice looking. Usually I only like the big flanges in chrome but the black/white color scheme makes these work just fine.

Fork w/ lugged crown = win.

The only things I might add would be a second set of bottle mounts on the seat tube since this bike seems to be more practial and less tarck oriented.

Overall I like it.
Thanks

Well spotted on 2nd h2o bosses
I had alreay ask factory to add on ST

Hubs are very nice with precision bearing, but you kinda need to see them to appreciate
I think customes will love these wheels

Brakes - I thought that some buyers will want to run this bike fixed with no brakes or fixed with front only
so the R556 works as their is more and you can take them off without leaving canti bosses

Fork does have frt rack brazeons and a nice investment chrown

thanks again

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." – Mahatma Gandhi