Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1340 Post(s)
Liked 2,482 Times in 1,457 Posts
Originally Posted by Rick@OCRR
So what's to discuss? She's right, and you're right. Hills are tough, getting the right gearing is important and you are almost a pro!

Rick / OCRR
Great observation. I think what she did not say is the most interesting. Considering the 4 decade generation gap, she could have gone with the tried and true and complimented me on being spry.

Originally Posted by alicestrong
Advise her that all the cool kids ride fixies...
A lot of college students ride fixies and she may ultimately get one but I suspect the geared route will be the way she goes. This young women has definite plans.

Originally Posted by Timtruro
HMMM, good thing your wife hadn't returned by then, but I bet you were like a college boy that nite??
I told my wife immediately and she agreed. Rick@ocrr has it right. However the operational word is "almost".

Originally Posted by big john
As far as she knows, you could be a pro.
People ask me if I am entering the Tour of California every year. I tell them I will if they start a 50+ fat guy team.
But would you really if they had a fat guy team? I would train and race in the Tour of Ca in a New York minute if it were possible.

Originally Posted by t4mv
Velodiva, was Hermes like, rowwwwrrrrr a few nights ago? What's that you say? Every night?!

I'm sure that was a well earned compliment, Hermes; I was half expecting you to say her "hills" consisted of riding out of underpasses and overpasses, lol.
Nah...I get this type of stuff all the time. I go to the gym every night. So I know most of the staff pretty well and they know what my goals are.